Seton Hall Law Grad Travis Tormey Represents Clients Charged with Crimes and DWI
Travis Tormey is the founding partner of the Tormey Law Firm and the leader of an experienced legal team that is dedicated to defending clients against criminal charges throughout New Jersey. Travis routinely represents students at Seton Hall and Rutgers. He appears in superior and municipal courts and defends college students, and others, against criminal charges, DWI charges, and traffic tickets.
Travis is a Seton Hall and Rutgers graduate. As an undergrad at Rutgers, Travis graduated with summa cum laude honors. While getting his J.D. from Seton Hall Law School, Travis graduated with cum laude honors. Today, Travis remains actively involved with both colleges, as well as the surrounding communities.
Travis Tormey Helps Seton Hall and Rutgers Students Fight Criminal Charges
Seton Hall’s main campus is located in East Orange, NJ and the Seton Hall Law School campus is in Newark, NJ. Meanwhile, the Rutgers main campus is in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Rutgers University also has other campuses located in Newark and Camden. Travis J. Tormey has successfully represented countless Seton Hall students and Rutgers students charged with various crimes, including drug crimes like simple possession of marijuana, assault offenses like simple assault, theft crimes like shoplifting, and threat offenses like harassment. Travis also represents college students, as well as other young people, who have been issued citations for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) and Driving Under the Influence (DUI) in New Brunswick, East Orange, or anywhere else in NJ.
Travis Tormey’s credentials as an NJ criminal defense attorney include:
- Travis has represented numerous clients charged with crimes in superior courts and municipal courts across New Jersey.
- Travis worked for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey in different areas, including the sex crimes, white collar crimes, and gang task force units.
- Before he founded the Tormey Law Firm, Travis worked for two of the largest criminal defense law firms in NJ.
- Travis knows how to beat DWI and DUI charges in New Jersey. He is a certified operator of the Alcotest 7110 breathalyzer device, which means that he is one of only a handful of NJ lawyers to receive certification in the operation and maintenance of the state’s official breath-testing machine.
- Travis has been recognized for his legal expertise by a number of different media outlets, including the Asbury Park Press, the Bergen Record, and the Daily Record – all of which featured Travis in articles about criminal charges in New Jersey.
- Travis was named one of the Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys Under 40 in NJ by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys. He was also named one of the Top 40 Attorneys Under 40 in the Nation by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
Tormey Law Firm Beats Criminal and DWI Charges in Bergen County, New Jersey
Travis Tormey appears every week in courtrooms across Bergen County, NJ. He is extremely familiar with the Bergen County legal system and has earned the respect of other defense lawyers, judges, and prosecutors throughout the county.
Here are some of the recent cases that Travis has successfully handled on behalf of clients facing charges in Bergen County:
- East Rutherford NJ Disorderly Conduct Charges Dropped
- Hackensack NJ Restraining Order Dismissed
- Paramus NJ Shoplifting Charges Dropped
- Travis Tormey Beats First Offense DWI Charges in Fort Lee
Travis J. Tormey is well known for his YouTube videos on fighting criminal charges in New Jersey:
- Ways to Beat a DUI Charge in New Jersey
- Fight Underage DUI Charges
- Criminal Mischief Charges in New Jersey
- How to Fight a Shoplifting Charge
- How to Beat Assault Charges